Parks & Recreation
View current and past issues of the Parks & Recreation newsletter in the Archive Center.
Duties & Responsiblities
The Parks and Recreation Department is headed by the Director, and is responsible for the maintenance and operation of City owned and operated recreation facilities. The Department provides a wide variety of recreational programs, including the summer recreation program, for Hermitage residents and others, of all ages, some free of charge and some with a small registration fee. The Department uses instructors from a wide variety of sources and utilizes primarily City and Hermitage School District facilities for programs. A quarterly newsletter, published in conjunction with the City, keeps residents informed of the many opportunities available.
Community Events & Programs
The Department is very active in the planning and operation of events such as the Holiday Light Parade, the Father’s Day Car Show, the Hermitage Arts Festival, and the Hermitage Summer Recreation Program. It works closely with other providers of recreational opportunities – the YMCA, the Buhl Club, the Hermitage Little League and the School District. The Hermitage Parks and Recreation Board is an advisory body to the Hermitage Board of Commissioners and works closely with the Department in developing programs, facilities, and long-range planning.
- 2017 Arts Fest Application (PDF)
- City of Hermitage Parks and Recreation Program Summer Employment Application (PDF)
- Field Use Request Form (PDF)
- First Tee of Sharon Hermitage Recreation Golf Application Form (PDF)
- Hermitage Athletic Complex New Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available (PDF)
- Recreation Workshop Registration Form (PDF)
- Student Registration Form (PDF)
- Volunteer Application (PDF)