Northwest Region Construction Projects Suspended in Response to COVID-19
Oil City, PA – In response to COVID-19, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has suspended all construction projects until further notice. Included in the suspension are several projects in PennDOT’s northwest region District 1, which serves Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren counties.
In accordance with Governor Tom Wolf’s mitigation guidance, PennDOT construction officials worked with contractors to secure construction sites and temporarily halt work for ongoing projects, including the following:
- Interstate 90 Reconstruction in Erie County;
- Route 20 Bridge Rehabilitation in Erie County;
- Cambridge Springs (Route 6) Bridge Replacement in Crawford County;
- Route 27 Paving in Crawford County; and
- Shenango Valley Roundabout in Mercer County.
Start dates previously announced for projects slated to get underway in March and early April have been delayed. These projects include the following:
- Route 8 Reconstruction in Venango County; and
- Peach Street Pedestrian Improvements in Erie County.
All PennDOT District and County maintenance offices are closed, however, PennDOT crews are available to perform critical functions and emergency maintenance as needed.
Subscribe to PennDOT news in Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren counties at www.penndot.gov/District1.
Follow PennDOT’s northwest region on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAErie or Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/northwestregionpenndot.